You can also use Skype to send messages and make calls to landlines and mobiles.
Skype is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Windows Phone. It is also available as a web app.
The first time you launch Skype, you'll be prompted to sign in or create a Skype account. You can use your Facebook account to sign in, or you can create a Skype account by entering your name, email address, and password.
Once you're signed in, the main Skype window will open. The window consists of a list of your recent conversations on the left, and a large pane in the center where you can see who's online and start a new conversation.
You can also open additional windows to have multiple conversations open at the same time.
To make calls to landlines and mobiles at low rates, you need to have Skype Credit. Skype Credit can be purchased in various amounts, and you get discounts on Skype's rates when you buy more credit.
Skype is one of the most popular VoIP applications in the world. It allows you to make voice and video calls to other Skype users for free, and to call phones and mobiles at low rates. You can also use Skype to send messages and make calls to landlines and mobiles.
- Low cost: Skype is a low-cost alternative to traditional phone services.
- Ease of use: Skype is easy to use and can be accessed from a computer or mobile device.
- A broad range of features: Skype offers a broad range of features, including voice and video calling, chat, and collaboration tools.
- Quality of calls: The quality of calls may be lower when using Skype compared to traditional phone service.
- Network congestion: When too many people are using Skype, the network can become congested and calls may be of lower quality.
- Security: Skype is not as secure as traditional phone service, and calls can be intercepted if not encrypted.